Fecha

Personal Finances > I Like to Apply for a Loan


Discuss loan applications, using Embedded Questions (or Noun Clauses).

Apply for a bank loan!

I Like to Apply for a Loan

an auto loan / Do you have an account with us? / Yes, I have a savings account and a checking account.

Dialog
A: May I help you?
B: Yes, please. I'd like to apply for an auto loan.
A: I see. May I ask (1) whether you have an account with us?
B: Yes. I have a saving account and a checking account.
A: All right. I'll give you an application form. You can fill it out here, or take it home if you like (2).

Functions
(1) Asking for Information
May I ask
Could I ask
Could you tell me
(2) Likes/Dislikes
if you like
if you'd like
if you prefer
if you'd prefer

Exercises
1) a business loan / What amount would you be applying for? / Ten Thousand dollars.
2) a loan / Is this a personal loan or a business loan? / A personal loan.
3) an eductaion loan / Are you a regular customer of the bank? / Yes. I've been a customer for the past five years.
4) a home improvement loan / What do you intend to use the loan for? / We intend to replace the heating system in our house.
5) a loan / How do you plan to use the money? / We'd like to take a trip around the world.

Grammar
Embedded Questions (or Noun Clauses)
Embedded Question is a question that appears in a declarative statement or in another question. Embedded Question are referred as Noun Clauses.

Embedded Questions (or Noun Clauses) beginning with whether or if
Could you tell me if there's a monthly service charge?.
May I ask whether you have an account with us?.

Embedded Questions (or Noun Clauses) beginning with a Question Word
May I ask where you work?.
Could you tell me what the telephone number is there?.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!