Fecha

Noun Clause


Noun Clause are very useful:

1. You use it to express thoughts:
I think you are vey nice person.
2. Or you use it to express your hopes:
I hope you enjoy this information.
3. Or express thinks you know or don't know:
I don't know where you are right now.
4. Or to report what people say:
Your friend told me that your english is very good!

Noun Clause has a subject and a verb. That's where it gets the name Clause. And it acts like a Noun, so it's called Noun Clause.

A noun can be the object of a verb. Here is a Noun Object:

S           V                    O
I don't know your name.

And here is a Noun Clause as the object of the verb:

S           V                          O
                                   S           V
I don't know what your name is.

- It can start with a question word, like where:

I don't know where you live.
- It can also start with if:

I don't know if you are a student or a teacher.
- It can even start with that:

I hope that you'll find this information helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!