Fecha

Rules and Regulations at School > Let Me See Your License


Understand traffic violations, using different Verb Tenses.

You're a police officer! Give somebody a ticket!

Let Me See Your License

You went through a red light

Dialog
A: Let me see your license.
B: Here you are, Officer. Tell me, what did I do wrong?
A: You went through a red light.
B: I did?
A: Yes, you did.
B: Oh. I didn't realize that (1). Would you possibly be willing to (2) let me go with just a warning this time?
A: No. I'm afraid I can't. I'm going to have to give you a ticket.
B: Oh.

Functions
(1) Surprise-Disbelief
I didn't realize that.
I wasn't aware that.

(2) Requests
Would you possibly willing to
Could you possibly
Could you please
Could I possibly ask you to

Exercises
1) You were speeding.
2) Your inspection sticker has expired.
3) You made an illegal U-turn.
4) You taillights aren't working.
5) You were going 75 in a 55 mile-per-hour zone.

Grammar
Verb Tenses
Verb tenses are tools that English speakers use to express time in their language. There are three basic tenses: present, past, and future. Each has a perfect form, indicating completed action; each has a progressive form, indicating ongoing action; and each has a perfect progressive form, indicating ongoing action that will be completed at some definite time.

Verb Tenses
You were speeding.
You inspection sticker has expired.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!